GTAForums, a website community dedicated to everything about Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto franchise, has received new details on GTA V in a recent Q & A session with the popular Italian website Multiplayer.it.
GTAForums published the findings in a recent thread, exposing many new specific technical and basic details about Grand Theft Auto V including:
- There is no lead platform for GTA V: Rockstar is developing the game for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 at the same time.
- The PC version of GTA V is expected a few months after the console release.
- Grand Theft Auto V's graphics raise the bar for the current-gen consoles, providing amazing in-game visual performances.
- The GTA V demo currently possesses a lot of alias--which will, of course, be fixed before the game's release--and the frame rate wasn't perfectly executed, mirroring Rockstar's demo version of GTA IV five years ago.
- Players cannot switch between the game's three main characters if they are in free-roam mode and are wanted by the police. However it's stated that Rockstar is still working on this particular feature, so it may be implemented and changed.
- There will be multiple endings for GTA V.
- The game's story arc is estimated at roughly 25-30 hours of play time.
Please note that all of these in-game aspects represent the un-refined and unfinished demo version of GTA V, and do not adequately portray the final version of the game itself. Rockstar Games will most likely fix and change many of the elements discussed here, however it's still interesting to see the game take shape.
Grand Theft Auto V is currently available for Pre-Order and is expected to release in Spring 2013 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.